We’re really liking Belle Reve, and the Google description of Belle Reve: “Original cocktails & American fare with modern twists served in dimly lit digs with a central bar.” We’re also really liking Belle Reve’s Belle Burger Sliders. And I mean, really liking. Try them tomorrow at the festival!
American Cut is making steak tartare on grilled filone bread for Taste of Tribeca! It’s a don’t miss!
What better way to watch a game than with friends and wings? Warren Wings. Get ’em mild, hot or BBQ-flavored, with blue cheese dressing, carrots and celery. Check your TV listings (or festival map), and make a plan!
Short ribs? In a hash? We’re in! Especially if it’s the short rib hash from Sarabeth’s! Make it gluten free at Taste of Tribeca and our brunch date with destiny is sealed.
Have you ever found yourself in the Catskills, drinking beer around a campfire and gazing at the stars? If not, maybe you should try it! And when you do, we hope you’re drinking Nightshine Black Lager from Catskill Brewery. Try a pour of Catskill Brewery‘s “honest, hardworking beer” tomorrow at Taste of Tribeca. We’ll call it homework.
Thalassa Restaurant doesn’t skimp on its seafood, and its rock star presentation is pretty cool, too! (Seafood in a cone?!) Come enjoy the fresh fare from this authentic Greek eatery tomorrow!
Need another reason to come to the festival tomorrow? Landmarc takes pasta to another level with its Orecchiette Alla Norcina. This dish will go fast!
There are lively debates among foodies about which is better: Nobu or Nobu Next Door. We think that both restaurants are great, but are glad that Nobu Next Door does so much to accommodate our busy and sometimes-complicated lives. Like a good raw bar? Take a seat. No reservations? Fine. Need takeout? They have it.
For Taste of Tribeca, the Japanese cuisine restaurant is at it again with its black cod butter lettuce dish. If you’d like to eat it gluten free, just ask for the shredded phyllo to be left off, and enjoy! Nobu Next Door to the rescue yet again!
*For a full(ish) list of gluten free options at Taste of Tribeca, see our previous post, Gluten Free Festival Options.
We have a variety of gluten-free food options at Taste of Tribeca this year! Below, we’ve compiled a list of restaurants presenting GF dishes, along with notes when necessary.
Some restaurants NOT listed who are presenting sandwiches or other food items at the festival can make their dishes gluten free if the bun or side is forgone. Please ask!
Please also be advised that this list is provisional, based on the best information that we have to date. If you have a specific food intolerance or allergy, please be sure to do your own homework and ask questions before partaking of any food! We want everyone to have a safe and healthy day!
Restaurants at Taste of Tribeca 2016 serving Gluten-free Dishes:
- Baked Tribeca–GF sweet & salty brownie available, made with GF buckwheat flour
- Blue Marble Ice Cream–all ice cream flavors are GF except the cookies & cream
- Estancia 460–the gazpacho is GF
- Macaron Cafe–all macarons are GF
- Nobu Next Door–ask to have the shredded phyllo left off the black cod dish
- Palm Tribeca–GF grilled beef tenderloin and sautéed spinach
- Racines NY–please confirm that the sautéed squid dish is GF before partaking
- ROC Restaurant–ask for the sweet Italian sausage dish WITHOUT the kale salad
- Rosa Mexicano–the chips & guac and empanadas de chorizo y papas are both GF
- Sarabeth’s–GF short rib hash
- Scalini Fedeli–please confirm the risotto dish is GF before partaking
- Smith & Mills–the oysters on the half shell are GF
- Thalassa Restaurant–GF seafood option available. Please ask!
- The Greek–the fakes salata, made with organic lentils from Kastoria, Greece, and served with herbs, tomatoes and an option of Arahova feta is GF
- The Odeon Restaurant–please confirm that the ice cream is GF
- Tiny’s and the Bar Upstairs–the kale salad is GF
- Tribeca Tap House–the shrimp ceviche tacos are GF
- Two Hands Restaurant & Bar–GF banana & walnut bread with espresso mascarpone, puffed buckwheat & honey
- Ward III–please confirm that the seasonal mocktail Jello cups are GF